Ready to join our team?
Please contact us at [email protected] to submit your interest!
Role: CloudOps Designer
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Permanent, Full Time – Permanent, Temps Plein
Who we are
Accedian provides exceptional end-to-end visibility over network performance for millions of services over major Tier-1 and Tier-2 networks globally, allowing our customers to tune and optimize their network to provide the best possible performance and user experience.
Accedian partners with the most influential names in the network performance assurance field for delivering the next generation software/hardware solutions for their business critical services.
- A competitive salary
- A great place to work with free parking, a dynamic team and cohesion.
- Its near to public transit
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- We will pay an allowance per month for any sports-related activity that keeps you in shape. Your health and wellbeing are important !
- We’ll even pay for your membership fees if you are in a specific field governed by an Order.
- We pay your insurance plan’s cost.
- Offices are all over the world with the possibility of mobility
- We organize lots of social activities
What we do
Accedian develops best-in-class network monitoring solutions, based on award-winning hardware and software solutions that are deployed in carrier networks and on enterprise premises. The data we generate is in need of a modern and scalable platform so that it can be stored, analyzed and presented in ways that are meaningful and intuitive to our customers. To that end, Accedian has created the Skylight Analytics platform, a powerful system offering novel ways to explore and analyze performance coming from various data sources, offered primarily as a SaaS solution, with the option of a private cloud offering.
What will you do?
Our growing initiative is looking for talented CloudOps designers to work with a small, high-powered team of industry experts to help perfect our platform by improving our automation processes around deployment and operation of our newly minted SaaS application, built from the ground-up to be a Cloud-First offering.
We operate in a “You build it, you run it” mode, where everyone is actively participating in maintaining and improving running software.
In this mode of operation, we need someone that owns the product life cycle improvement, owns the configuration management, helps with the production deployments and management scripting, and works well in a team of cross-functional individuals. As one team, we are all part of DevOps, and we all participate in it, but your role will be to lead the initiatives and the CloudOps cycle.
- Configuration management and automation: Building tools for Infrastructure-as-Code production deployment, as well as management tools for onboarding, metering usage, etc.
- Process re-engineering: Provide deployment best practices, oversee our cloud deployments and micro-upgrade cycles, and ensure the security of the platform.
- Participate in the development of our CI/CD pipeline to production.
- Be an integral part of our SecOps team. Be opinionated about security in the cloud.
- Actively participate in our public cloud deployments on GCE, AWS and Azure, as well as some private cloud offering (i.e AWS outpost, VMware, GCP Anthos, etc)
- 5+ or more years of IT implementation experience, or managing and troubleshooting systemwide solutions.
- Experience in Architecting application deployments with great security, scalability, availability and disaster recovery
- Experience in Deploying multi-service applications on AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Deep understanding of Docker containerization and orchestration. K8s is an asset.
- Experience with infrastructure management solutions
- Development experience in Go, Java or Python
- Previous experience with Ansible (or Salt (or puppet or chef or similar))
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing and firewalling
- Expert at UNIX/LINUX command line and scripting
- Ability to set up and maintain continuous integration and deployment
- Strong practical Linux-based systems administration skills in a Cloud or Virtualized environment.
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Complementary Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym on site
- Flexible hours
- Well-being programs
- On-site parking
- Casual attire
- Remote work
- 8 Hours per day
- Monday to Friday
- Temporary due to COVID-19
Ready to join our team?
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected] to submit your interest! We look forward to hearing from you, future Accedian!