Embedded Software Developer
Ready to join our team?
Please contact us at [email protected] to submit your interest!
Role: Embedded Software Developer
Location: Montreal, Canada
Permanent, Full Time
Who we are
Accedian provides exceptional end-to-end visibility over network performance for millions of services over major Tier-1 and Tier-2 networks globally, allowing our customers to tune and optimize their network to provide the best possible performance and user experience.
Accedian partners with the most influential names in the network performance assurance field for delivering the next generation software/hardware solutions for their business critical services.
- A competitive salary
- A great place to work with free parking, a dynamic team and cohesion.
- Its near to public transit
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home.
- We will pay an allowance per month for any sports-related activity that keeps you in shape. Your health and wellbeing are important !
- We’ll even pay for your membership fees if you are in a specific field governed by an Order.
- We pay 50% your insurance plan’s cost.
- Offices are all over the world with the possibility of mobility
- We organize lots of social activities
What we do
Accedian develops best-in-class network monitoring solutions, based on award-winning hardware and software solutions that are deployed in carrier networks and on enterprise premises. The data we generate is in need of a modern and scalable platform so that it can be stored, analyzed and presented in ways that are meaningful and intuitive to our customers. To that end, Accedian has created the Skylight Analytics platform, a powerful system offering novel ways to explore and analyze performance coming from various data sources, offered primarily as a SaaS solution, with the option of a private cloud offering.
What will you do?
Accedian is looking for an experienced software developer that has a strong technical background in embedded systems development, and has successfully delivered large, scalable, reliable and secure software solutions. You will work closely with cross-discipline engineering teams to help deliver product capabilities and features on our next generation Skylight products. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Embedded Technologies, DevOps, moving fast, solving new problems and building outstanding solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define software requirements
- Design, code, integrate, debug and document software that is scalable, robust, and performant
- Develop automated unit, integration and acceptance tests to support our continuous integration pipeline
- Participate in software planning and release activities
- 5+ years of experience developing embedded software in C/C++, multi-threaded programming, and object oriented design
- 3+ years of experience working in Linux environments
- 3+ years of experience with scripting languages (sh, bash, python, etc.)
- Strong team player, customer focused, respectful, and collaborative professional
- Strong written and spoken communication skills both in English and French
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with network protocols (TCP, UDP, IPv4/IPv6, L2/L3 layers)
- Experience with Linux kernel, BSP, and driver development
- Experience with virtualization, containers and orchestration software (VMware, KVM, Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, GitHub, CircleCI
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Complementary Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym on site
- Flexible hours
- Well-being programs
- On-site parking
- Casual attire
- Remote work
- 8 Hours per day
- Monday to Friday
- Temporary due to COVID-19
Ready to join our team?
Please send your resume/CV and cover letter to [email protected] to submit your interest! We look forward to hearing from you, future Accedian!