Citadelle Regional Hospital Center (Citadelle RHC) is a major healthcare facility located in Liège (Belgium). With over 3,600 employees and more than 1,000 beds at over six locations, the healthcare provider focuses on state-of-the-art, patient-centric care, with over one million procedures performed annually.
With over 200 active applications and three data centers (two on private clouds), staff productivity and response times, with minimal to no degradation in network or application performance, was critical to delivering unparalleled quality of service (QoS). Citadelle RHC was also looking for a performance monitoring solution that helped ensure greater cost efficiencies that would deliver quantifiable return on investment (ROI).
One of the major challenges for the IT team lies in the scope of the application portfolio: operations rely on a total of 220 applications. We use SkyLIGHT PVX to monitor the performance of all of them. The result is that IT teams can now mitigate problems quickly, and adjust resources to optimize end-user experience proactively.Marc Thonard, Infrastructure Manager
By implementing the SkyLIGHT™ PVX solution, Citadelle RHC was able to:
- Accelerate the diagnosis and repair of performance degradations
- Gain real-time visibility by proactively monitoring critical systems and applications
- Achieve better collaboration with API vendors to improve responsiveness as well as streamline project delivery times
- Quantify ROI by analyzing costs of application and network degradations on team productivity, internal/external customer satisfaction, and overall QoS
Business Value and ROI
Since the solution was put in place, Citadelle RHC has achieved or surpassed all business objectives and targets.
Annual ROI Savings: Over €2 million
- Intermittent network and application performance degradation especially around electronic medical records (EMRs), imaging systems, private clouds, WANs, etc., has been minimized. Citadelle RHC now has 360-degree visibility into bottlenecks, driving expedited resolution.
- Higher productivity gains due to a reduction in staff time analyzing, assessing, and tracking user issues and complaints. Just minutes or hours to resolve vs. days and weeks.
- Real-time visibility into inventory management (through SQL and database transactions) reduces capital waste, eliminates productivity delays, and mitigates potentially life-threatening risks specific to patient care. More time administering care and less time spent on administration bottlenecks.
- Acceleration of new application launches by diagnosing and resolving critical issues, defects, and bottlenecks during design and testing phases. This proactive analysis optimizes IT, medical staff and partner productivity, drives greater brand value, and meets regulatory and internal QoE standards.