T-Systems is one of the world’s leading vendor-independent providers of digital communication and technology services. Headquartered in Europe, the company has nearly 40,000 employees with 2017 annual revenues of almost seven billion Euros. A subsidiary of Deutsche Telekom, T-Systems offers a broad range of business solutions including the secure operation of legacy systems, information and communications technology services, and cloud-based services.
With three large data centers located in South Africa, the company, with a growing cloud hosting services presence, realized that it needed a network performance monitoring solution that could help in managing the growing complexity of its operations. Its current solution did not offer the full functionality or capabilities critical to identifying root cause issues or resolving performance issues and incidents. The company was seeking to be more agile with complete visibility into its infrastructure and environments.
One of our key goals was to become more agile in resolving issues… Skylight offers a continuous view of our environment… it is the fastest tool we ever implemented!Andre Viljoen, Datacenter Operations Manager
T-Systems, through Skylight™, now has a performance management solution that:
- Offers proactive performance monitoring of the network, applications, and Web services, measuring critical network and application performance
- Accelerates resolution time with significant ROI savings and higher customer satisfaction
- Identifies and pinpoints problem points of origin quickly and easily
- Offers full North-South and East-West traffic monitoring
- Troubleshoots any bottlenecks or degradations, identifying those issues occurring within a given customer’s cloud environment
Business Value and ROI
Since the solution was put in place, the company has achieved or surpassed its key business objectives.
ROI Value: one-stop, end-to-end visibility that accelerates resolution times, providing the fastest resolution of any network monitoring solution to date
- Real-time, 360° visibility into network and application performance, which drives shorter resolution times, optimizes productivity, and ensures 24/7/365 availability of business-critical applications.
- Fully robust, highly cost-effective performance monitoring solution that offers proactive management, forensic and historic analysis, transactional analysis of file storage and transfer flows, and actionable insights into root causes and long-term trends.
- Skylight helps T-Systems to resolve degradations more quickly, providing detailed performance reports and dashboards, and helping datacenter staff gain a faster understanding while identifying root causes.
- T-Systems now has a single integrated solution for network and performance monitoring instead of a host of tools that offer one-off solutions (device monitoring, WAN performance, application visibility).
- Both Level 2 and Level 3 teams can leverage the solution to gain visibility and resolve issues. Because of this total functionality, the data center’s helpdesk team now has access to all reporting and dashboards for greater insights.