Headquartered in Germany, Horus-Net is a leading software and service provider specializing in data communications, monitoring, network analysis, network management, and security. The company, with more than fifteen years of experience, focuses on helping its corporate clients analyze and evaluate measurement data for LANs, WANs, and VoIP.
With a strong track record in helping clients with monitoring and analyzing their networks, Horus-Net found their current partner portfolio of packet capture, network analysis, network performance management (NPM), and application performance management (APM) solutions did not comprehensively meet its clients’ needs. The solution provider desired a partner that could offer a complete, scalable NAPM feature set, a solution that could be implemented easily and quickly.
Most players in the NAPM market now have relatively complete features set… when Skylight overtakes its competitors is by efficiently concentrating features, which often are spread across three, four, or even five appliances or modules.
By integrating the Skylight™ solution into its portfolio, Horus-Net was able to:
- Generate additional revenue by offering NAPM to existing and new customers
- Offer accelerated diagnosis and repair of performance degradations
- Provide real-time visibility by proactively monitoring critical systems and applications
- Provide customers with an easy-to-use solution that is faster to install and implement, which enables a solution provider such as Horus-Net to accelerate value to the customer
Business Value and ROI
Since Skylight has been incorporated into the Horus-Net solution portfolio, Horus-Net and its customers have seen significant benefits.
• One major Horus-Net customer, with approximately 10,000 end-users and thousands of remote sites, has seen increased productivity and reduced costs with the implementation of the Skylight NAPM solution. They can monitor their network 24/7, delivering accelerated troubleshooting and resolution when required.
Horus-Net and Accedian continue to work collaboratively to enhance the solution’s functionality, providing customers with more fully robust features.