The Luxembourg Institute of Health (LIH) is a public biomedical research organization that focuses on the development of new diagnostics, preventive strategies, innovative therapies, and clinical applications. Its mission “is to generate and translate research knowledge into clinical applications with an impact on the future challenges of healthcare and personalized medicine.”
The institution is the premier supplier of public health information in Luxembourg, a strong cooperative partner in local and international projects, and an attractive training facility for ambitious early-stage researchers.
The institution required a network and application performance monitoring solution that would ensure excellent quality of service (QoS) as well proactively monitor applications to ensure an optimal user experience, while accelerating troubleshooting resolution across the entire infrastructure. The institute engaged with Skylight™ initially around network performance monitoring, expanding the project’s scope to include applications, as well.
The results were significant in terms of shortening resolution times… This saved us an impressive amount of IT time… we were also able to avoid the negative impacts of long-lasting degradations on the staff’s productivity.Mathieu Briquemont, IT Specialist
By implementing the Skylight solution, the Luxembourg Institute of Health now has 360-degree visibility that helps:
- Shorten resolution time by leveraging a series of real-time, easy-to-use dashboards
- Mitigate systems degradations
- Monitor key applications including ERP, database, Windows-based programs and file-sharing
- Optimize resource and staff productivity
- Accelerate migrations, rollouts, and application deployments
- Identify cyber-security threats and potential hacks, expediting response times and resolutions
Business Value and ROI
Since the solution was put in place, the Luxembourg Institute of Health has achieved key business and IT objectives.
- Improved day-to-day network and application performance across the entire IT infrastructure as well as overall IT operational, change and project management.
- Intermittent network and application performance degradation has been minimized. Achieved 360-degree visibility into bottlenecks, driving expedited, shortened resolution times.
- Higher IT productivity gains due to reduction in staff time analyzing, assessing, and tracking user issues and complaints. Just minutes or hours to resolve vs. days and weeks.
- Protection against security threats has been optimized as specific instances of cyber-security attacks were instantly identified and mitigated before causing any significant financial or operational impact.
- Increased, proactive synergy between the IT organization and Line of Business (LoB) teams. The IT organization is helping these departments scope, scale, and accelerate their own application development (both internal and third-party) so these applications run efficiently to achieve performance objectives. This moves the process from merely making assumptions to leveraging data-based insights into architecture, infrastructure, and network performance.